A Note To Our Patients,
To My Patient Family,
The practice of dentistry is changing in a massive way as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. I want to take a few moments to describe some of the additional steps we are taking to keep you safe and healthy going forward. We are going above and beyond those guidelines detailed by federal and state governments, the CDC, and Ohio State Dental Board because for 36 years I have provided the highest quality services, and this is no exception.
As we begin the process of a gradual return on May 11, 2020, you will notice some changes in an effort to protect you and our staff. Some will only be temporary and we will adjust as circumstances permit.
- Pre-screening Protocol: If you have an appointment (beginning May 11, 2020), we must communicate with you the day prior to confirm and ask some pre-screening questions. If we have to leave a message, please return our call at your earliest convenience. Also, please understand that, with the exception of accompanying minor children or as a caregiver, we ask you to not bring a visitor/guest to the appointment.
- Virtual Waiting Room Protocol: On the day of your appointment, please remain in your car and call us (513) 793-1977, opt 2, to let us know you have arrived. If for some reason we miss you, please leave a message; we will be monitoring and are expecting you. Once your treatment room is completely disinfected and ready, we will call and ask you to proceed to the main entrance door.
- Mask Protocol: All persons entering the building must wear a mask at all times, except of course, while receiving treatment.
- Screening/Temp Check Protocol: Prior to entering the main office area, we will ask you to complete a short questionnaire for your chart. We will also take and record your temperature using a no-touch forehead thermometer. Finally, we will ask that you use a hand sanitizer provided.
- Of course, we will be scheduling plenty of extra time just for you to keep things running smoothly. Please keep this in mind and offer your patience and flexibility in making your appointments.
- All staff will be undergoing the above screening/temperature check protocol on a daily basis.
Other important changes to note that have taken place in the office: First, our clinical air handling system has been retrofitted with special filters and UVC lighting enabling full and continuous disinfected air exchanges. Second, we will be placing an air filtering device in the administrative area which fully and continuously cleans the air in 1000 square feet around the unit. Third, depending on the type of service you are receiving, we may be wearing special masks, gowns, and face shields, all in an effort to keep everyone safe. Lastly, hand sanitizing stations will be positioned around the office for your use and convenience.
Aerosols are something that the media is talking about a lot. An aerosol is a water spray or mist generated from certain equipment like our drills. Aerosols can contain bacteria and viruses from patient’s mouths which can become airborne. We have always used and will continue to use high speed evacuation suction to eliminate most of the airborne aerosols. In addition, we will be placing external suction devices in each treatment room which will remove the rest of the aerosol from the air and kill any airborne bacteria or viruses.
Thank you for trusting us with your dental care and thank you for your patience as we slowly begin to reopen our office. We all value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back very soon. We will keep you updated on our progress and will be calling each of you individually to schedule. For any emergencies, issues, or questions, or to make an appointment, please feel free to call us at (513) 793-1977, opt 2 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.